The suburban area of Fair Lapus includes an impressive number of historical monuments such as: archaeological monuments, architectural monuments, memorials and buildings of fine art monuments scattered throughout the area, many offering a remarcabil.Totalitatea ethnography monuments located within city Targu Lapus is 23.
• In Suciu de Sus village, in the village of the same name, have been discovered (1887, 1913, 1961) a cremation necropolis dating from the Middle Bronze Age (c. 15-14Î.Hr.) And a necropolis from inhumaţie early Iron Age (1200-450 / 300Î.Hr.), the archaeological material was found characteristic of a culture (Suciu), represented by typical ceramics (bowls conical hull canted cups with a handle, decorated with geometric spiral etc. .) and numerous bronze deposits.
• In common Lapus there is the church dedicated to the 'Assumption', dating from the sixteenth century, with interior paintings in tempera of 1697; all were discovered traces of a settlement from the Bronze Age and a necropolis of the late Bronze Age and early Iron Age, with a rich inventory (ornaments and gold cufflinks, iron battle axes, daggers, ceramic urns, decorative bowls with geometric etc.).
• In common Cupseni, is a wooden church architectural monument, dating from 1600.
• The center of Targu Lapus fallen heroes monument is placed nation for reunification, built in 1935, destroyed in 1940, restored in 1946 (sculptor Balan George).
• Inside High School 'Petru Rares' raised by 'Astra Lăpuşan' is historical monument with the bust of 'Petru Rares (sculptor Mircea Roman)
• Cross raised before the Romanian Orthodox Church in the city of Targu Lapus, the heroes of the First World War
Lapus shelters wooden churches, the UNESCO. In total, the whole museum area includes 28 wooden churches.
Church 'Archangels Michael and Gabriel'. The representative of the area is Rogoz was built in 1560. In 1661 the church was partially destroyed by the Tatars, but later rebuilt in its current form. The 125 horse heads symbolize stylized running toward eternity. This church is protected by UNESCO and benefit from enhancement through a PHARE project worth 184,622.60 euros, of which the local contribution - 53860.61 Euro.
Rohia Monastery of St. Anne. It was built between 1923 - 1925, is in the midst of a forest of oak and beech hill called 'Dealu them Vie' at 500 meters altitude. The monastery monks, an isolated community that impresses the atmosphere of peace and silence, the park neat and sober buildings. The monastery library, totaling more than 40,000 volumes, tezaurizează special values. Newly built monastery 'St. Elias' is at the southern border of the country Lapus.
Also, archaeological discoveries in the county, remains dated to the Bronze Age Valley Chioarului, Sapanta, Lapus, demonstrates a continuity of habitation from the first part of the metal era. Valuable for local heritage, one of two claduri cultural heritage is the old school of stone, dated 1858, located in downtown Targu Lapus declared historical museum to commemorate the day of December 5, 1918, when there was carnage on Romanians celebrating Union of Romanian Principalities. The second Old Town Hall Targu Lapus is dated sec. XIX century and today houses the town clinic.
Local museums are as follows:
1. The museum attached 'poet's house' Monastery Rohia
2. Museum of the club students Targu Lapus
3. Museum in addition to general school Dumbrava
4. Florian Museum, 10 km from the town of Targu Lapus, Cerneşti into town. A meadow hosting outdoor sculptures.
Lapus, a place rich in tradition and obiceuri holds a rich heritage of traditional equipment used; those used in the area are those belonging to folk art and are used to: tissue to war, natural fiber fabrics, working the wood (including sculpture with traditional motifs), ceramics and pottery, costumes, musical instruments.